Sunday, June 15, 2008

Resurrection Tokyo Freeze

I stumbled upon a bunch people frozen in the streets of Harajuku. They were doing some kind of improv/flash mobish type thing where they were told to strike and then hold a pose for 5 - 8 minutes.

You'd think, as a person who likes and has created performance art, that I'd think it was soooo interesting. At first I thought it was like a bunch of models who were promoting something. Everything reads as a gimmick to me these days. Maybe it was just the New Yorker in me saying, "Whatever you are selling I don't want it, get out of my way." Maybe I'm getting old; 'cause I was irritated that it was messing up the flow and it caused such a traffic jam. Whatever it is/was, the project is much cooler in the form of documentation than it was to experience first-hand.

No comments: