Thursday, April 10, 2008

less

I bought a box of granola bars when I was in Canada. When I opened the box there were only 5 bars inside. I thought, "Humph, that's a hot tranny mess. I thought there were at least 8 in here." I considered several explanations. Maybe in Canada they give you less. Maybe I had a memory of a box of 8, but really it's just that I wish there were eight. The box could easily fit more than 5 bars, at least 8 comfortably, so I then thought that the box could be redesigned.

Most of all I considered that the company might possibly be trying to trick me. Use the same packaging, charge the same price, but give me less. Oh... I must be just making stuff up. But then I saw this: both bags of Lays cost $1.49, one is different from the other.

One bag has a quarter of an ounce less of chips, but you probably wouldn't notice because they have the same packaging. I think this is so butt. I want my granola bars, and a full bag of chips, yo. Is this a trend? Have you seen this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find your usage of the phrase "hot tranny mess" in the sentence "Humph, that's a hot tranny mess. I thought there were at least 8 in here." a bit extreme. I think that, while admittedly disappointing, finding less granola bars than anticipated doesn't carry with it the shock or extreme disturbance that a HOT tranny mess denotes. I think its just a plain tranny mess. If you found less granola bars AND a rat or something, *that's* a hot tranny mess.

Excuse me if I'm being persnickity. I just don't want the precious power of hot tranny messes to be dimmed through overuse.

misskoco said...

You're just mad cause I appropriated the phrase "a hot tranny mess" from you.

Sorry. Forgive me. I was really disturbed about the lack of granola bars though. In my world, it was quite an upset.