Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm not a backpacker

Ok. I'm NOT a backpacker. I've tried, but I'm just not. I'm not gonna even try to front.

1. I ditched the backpack and picked up a fun little rollie. It's silver. Yeah, I know, real subtle.

2. I took a plane to Pai. I adore train rides, I don't mind flying, taking taxis around cities are my ultimate vice--I fucking hate buses. I was NOT interested in taking a bus, so I flew.

Actually, the story goes like this. I bought a mini-bus ticket for 200 baht and I was scheduled to leave bright and early from my guest house in Chiang Mai the next morning. I immediately knew I was making a mistake. I thought maybe it will be fun and maybe I'll meet a couple cool people. Then I had this image of being stuck sitting next to a miserable smelly judgmental Western hippie who thinks he's Thai and wants to tell em all about it. So, I decided to stay one more night, get a pedicure, a massage and drink more fruit juice till it was time to go to the airport. I'm so glad I did.

No comments: