Thursday, February 5, 2009

working magic

what I made today

My lovely tinyredhead made a mistake and put her chocolate split collar turtleneck sweater in the wash. It shrunk. I took it and performed some magic on it. I transformed the sad sweater into a fierce neck warmer, cozy leg warmers, and a pair of mittens to keep tinyredhead appendages from freezing off.

The legwarmers used to be sleeves, the mittens I cut from the body, and the neck warmer is from the collar. After all that there isn't much left of the sweater, but I might be able to squeeze another project out of it. The great thing about felted material is that you don't have to worry about it fraying, so this opens up a lot of possibilities. All made in under an hour; I'm really getting into my thing-a-day projects.

No comments: