Friday, February 27, 2009

proud to be...

I loved the beaches in Thailand where I let the sun kiss my skin. I took a long long long train ride from Beijing to St. Petersburg and played in Mongolia. I found Japan to be one of the most delicious places on earth. However, dulce de leche ice cream is best in Argentina. Most of my dreams take place on Buck's Rock Road in New Milford, CT. NYC was my first true love. But... Philly, is where I'm from.

No matter how far I go, I always end up coming back, at least to visit. There is a wonderful community of creative people that keeps me here these days. The designers and artists around me keep me grounded and sane, inspired and excited to create new things. Through March 2nd, in honor of PA Pride, Handmade in PA organized a collection of sales and specials in HiP members' etsy shops.

In my shop, for every item purchased, I will be including a gift--a sweet dreams sachet. These are stuffed with lavender. You can tuck it under your pillow to bring you pleasant dreams, or stick it with your clothes to make it smell lovely. Lavender is really calming and just smells really nice. Just add “PA Proud” in the notes to seller at the etsy checkout.

Check out the specials from other HiPsters:

Kristen from WatersGirls - Enjoy 30% off your purchase!
Lynn from UnaOdd - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Rosie from RosiesWhimsy - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Kerry from ALittleSparkle - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Marissa from MarissaJoannaRojas, MJRojasPhoto, and YayforFidgetArt - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Dana from WiredDesign - Get a single FREE "Never Enough" Sterling Silver stacking ring with your purchase!
Kimberly from ChezSucreChez- Enjoy 10% off all items in her shop!
Sarah from SweetSallysSoaps - Get 3 bars of handcrafted soap for $15!
Melanie from SpreadtheLove - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Erin from Ruju - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Hillary from Antebelle - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Patty from ArtfulMommy - Enjoy FREE Shipping!
Emily from disCARDS - Enjoy FREE Shipping on orders over $5!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post!! i'll admit, those trips sound ever so much more interesting than little ol' PA! ;)

actually, i can remember coming home from my one & only trip abroad and thinking how wonderful it was to be back in PA - not just in the states, but back in Pennsylvania.

thanks so much for participating - and for putting up with all my mistakes!

geekch1ck said...

Great post. And great stuff in your shop. I really like the "HiPster" tag!

Oh, and next time you go to Thailand, please pack me in your bag!