Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Project America's Next Top Drag Queen


I'm so into Rupaul's Drag Race, the new reality show where drag queens compete to win some money, a cover for Paper magazine, and the title of the next drag queen superstar. Rupaul is Tim Gunn in one scene and Tyra in the next. Santino, from Project Runway, is one of the judges. I'm so happy I get to see him again.

In the first episode there were handfuls of lovely little gems like, "I think you might need to take a pregnancy test," or "In a moment I will ask one of you to shante, which means you can stay, and ask one of you to sashay--away." Ridiculous. This is like the most intense reality competition show ever--not only do these guys have to create theatrical and realistic versions of femininity, but they also have to sew outfits, do runway, do photo shoots, do their own makeup, and lip sync, with a whole bunch of bitches.

I love this. It's my favorite day.

My only questions are: Why didn't someone think of this before? And why isn't this show on Bravo???

1 comment:

jtothenines said...

Wasn't it the best thing ever! I already know who my favorite is!