Thursday, November 20, 2008

just like slinkies

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I haven't pushed anyone down the stairs, but I did have a moment where I thought it might be something that would make me feel better. I quit my job... or maybe I was sorta put in a position where I had to leave, so in a way I got fired. This has never happened to me before. I guess there's a first for everything, right? I'd like to look at the situation and say, "We broke up, it was a mutual decision." I mean... We didn't have the same goals. I cared about students, they thought I was negative and had a bad attitude. They were more concerned about dress code than curriculum. I was dedicated to providing quality education, they were confused why I'd be frustrated about students not having books--books they paid for as part of their tuition. I didn't really fit in there. I was leaving anyway, but it still feels all messed up.

I knew I should have just stayed in bed yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, Fuck that job!