Friday, November 14, 2008

festival time!

Evidence that I'm clearly a product of the look-at-me! generation:
1. I have a blog.
2. I document the hell out of my life, and then share it on and off-line.  
3. I go to things I imagine are going to be cool, mostly about other people who are also really into people paying attention to them, so that I can tell people paying attention to me that I saw some cool stuff.

(Enter First Person Arts Festival, stage right)

So, here's my plug for cool stuff this weekend--GO TO THE FIRST PERSON ARTS FESTIVAL. I went to see the Complaint Choir on Wed. night.  I was super pleased to hear my complaint about how much I hate the Duck Boat Tours included in their performance.  I'm going to see Found tonight, The Grand Slam on Saturday, and I recommend that if any of you are free that you buy tickets ASAP to see Soul Supper this Sunday.
Soul Supper
Bursting with raw emotion to match its soulful score, the documentary Everybody Needs Somebody tells the story of Solomon Burke, a young Philadelphia musician lifted out of obscurity, catapulted to fame, and then largely forgotten. But the film and a new album by Solomon Burke are creating a revival of interest in his music and introducing him to new audiences. A blistering live performance by Philadelphia R&B sensation The Barbara Walker Story will follow the screening and will have you dancing in the aisles. A soul food buffet is included with your ticket!

In partnership with the Rhythm and Blues Foundation.
And here's a video of the complaint choir:

1 comment:

FirstPersonArts said...

Hey, it was an awesome festival, and thanks for coming to so many events! Hope you had fun. Does teaching at Pratt mean a move to NYC?