Friday, February 8, 2008

things i made

Today was kinda nuts. I had a funny feeling when I got up. I didn't feel like doing much, but motivated myself to organize my art supplies. Then this afternoon a building exploded in my neighborhood a couple doors down from the house I grew up in. Still, I got around to making a couple things.

tape hanger
These hangers remind me of ladies shopping with too many shopping bags dangling off their arms. Or like they are saying, "Why do I have so much tape? I don't know."

I also decided to make a knit bracelet. I was inspired by the cashmere bangles I saw at some way pricey SoHo boutique over the summer. This is my first attempt at making knit jewelery.

wrap the ribbion stitch it up
detail done!

First I cut out the neck of an old black t-shirt and doubled it by twisting it like you would with a hair scrunchy. Then I wrapped ribbon around it. I stitched the ribbon with teeny-tiny stitches and thread that matched. Then I took a piece of knitted lace (an old swatch I knitted for a sweater I decided not to make) and sewed up the seam around the ribbon covered piece.

Eh, I dunno, sorta looks like a donut.

2 comments:

REY said...

not knitted, nor bracelets, but i thought perhaps you might enjoy these crocheted sea creatures
http://hellejorgensen.typepad.com/photos/artcraft/index.html

misskoco said...

GOOD CALL! Those are awesome! I wish I had that idea. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my unbelievably large stash of a ball of this and a ball of that. I just need a theme. Like when I got into crocheting nipples and breasts I was good for months!