Friday, February 1, 2008

first thing

I'm making a thing a day for the month of February. I usually have no problem starting projects, or making something everyday, but finishing is a different story all together. This month I'm focusing on finishing projects that are almost done and documenting the finished products in addition to starting new ones. I also hope to use as many of the materials that I already have and reusing old things (like an old pair of jeans) to make new things.

What I did before:
I made this from Noro Kureyon yarn. It's 100% wool so it felts easily. I knit a big rectangle all in garter stitch (knit every row) and threw it in the washer. It shrank to 12 by 8.5 inches.

What I did today:
I folded it like an envelope and seemed up the sides, which I realized later I should have done before I felted it. To finish it off I crocheted a small latch and put a button on it that popped off a wool skirt I never wear. Tah-dah!

No comments: