Friday, February 15, 2008

salon


I don't even know where to start.

The presentation I gave at the FPA Salon was SO MUCH FUN! What a fantastic audience. I gave away pieces of koco and met a collections of wonderful creative people. To note a couple, I shared the evening with painter Jenny Kanzler and photographer Corey Armprester.

This was exactly what I needed to make my return to the states feel like a welcome home. I'm inspired to do more storytelling in public, do performances, make things, and start collaborative pieces.

The First Person Arts people were just amazing, totally funky fabulous menches. AND they invited me to come back for an update on the project! So, I'm busy giving pieces away and collecting stories, so if you'd like a piece of koco, holla at me!

I haven't always loved Philly, but it is a city that is kind to artists and I'll have to take advantage of this while I'm around. I'm willing to give it another try, and if this truly is the city that loves you back, I may end up here longer than I planed.

No comments: