Thursday, December 11, 2008

just a few yards

I'm sewing like a madwoman. I made two yoga bags, finished a clutch, and whipped up a day bag. Everything is coming out nicely, but I'm still being a lazy perfectionist. I know what I want things to look like. I know how they should be. But I hate ripping seams, so I'll just finish something with the mistake and make a new one right after. My first attempt at a yoga mat bag is a perfect example of this.

I messed up more parts that I'd like to admit, but I was too lazy to pull seams and do them over. I put the strap on backwards, the bottom circle didn't fit the main part of the bag properly, the stitching at some parts just looks plain jacked up. But I figured out all the kinks, and decided to make the next one perfect. I'll keep this first attempt, with all the "character," for myself and the other ones can go to new homes.

My new day bag is awesome. It has flying octopuses on it. There's nothing like flying octopuses to brighten my day.

And lastly I've made about a million little lavender sachets. These go on hangers, in drawers, or in your car to make it smell nice for a while. And they're pretty. Some have eyes on them, some are just stitched abstractly, and others have vag designs on them.

I'm making journals and some cookies, and some fun little holiday items. I'll post some of this new stuff on etsy, and some of it will come with me to the traveling wares shows.

No comments: