Monday, March 3, 2008

Toronto is melting

Today's fascination: a mix of mud, puddles, dirty snow, sludge, and icy bits.

I loved the temperature, but my faux-suede boots weren't exactly the right choice to stand up to the massive thaw. Sitting on the subway, grumbling at the mud on my toes, I found myself deeply envious of this woman's funky rubber boots.

I love looking at the way women deal with the weather and create fun fashion solutions. My sister says as a result of coming home with wet pants hems on far too many cold nights she has resorted to wearing skinny jeans--only skinny jeans. Wandering the streets of Toronto, I spotted a lot of great examples of rubber boots expertly combined with leggings and skirts, over pants, or with jeans tucked in. Heels are just completely impractical if you are walking anywhere in this weather.

No comments: