Tuesday, March 11, 2008

fluid

I'm dreaming about water again. Slick calm pools, unwavering, beckoning me to disturb their surfaces. I'm too taken by their beauty to dare to touch. And the next minute I'm swimming with friends and brief loves I haven't seen since a tropical time that seems ages ago.

Underwater. I'm breathing. The water is like a thick cool breeze, invisible, but there and felt going over and past me. I'm warm, it's quiet, I feel bliss. There are no thoughts, no voice reminding me to appreciate that this is a wonderful time, just a feeling that I'm so happy. I'm not thinking of where I am, what I'm doing, or what I'm wearing. Just me in the water.

And then I staged daydreams to the soundtrack of snow and rain hitting the window of the train taking me home. A fascination of the day: droplets.


And then I feel in love with Twice, and the clever way they make water in the shadow puppet video, and the amazing sound of Yukimi Nagano, who sang with Koop (another of my favorites, thanks to Charles). Mmmm... dreamy, I float in this.


I'm dreaming of water again. What's that supposed to mean?

2 comments:

Katharine Loxley said...

i LOVE that video. Oh my god.

and that singer!

yummy

ps. i wish my dreams were so wonderful

misskoco said...

I know she's awesome. Check out Koop, I think you'd like them too.

I've been quite content in my dreams lately. There was a moment of anxiety I left out though. I had a smoothie in my hand and I jumped in the pool, forgetting that I had it and that I couldn't really take it in the pool with me. It was redish and pink, made with some kind of berries. I held onto the image of the way that it spread from the glass and became integrated into the pool water. I was a bit upset I wouldn't be able to drink it, so I went and got another one. I wasn't upset about making a mess, just that I couldn't drink my smoothie and jump in the pool, and that I hadn't considered that issue before jumping in. Silly.