Friday, January 25, 2008

TAKEN

I gave away the first piece of Koco. The ruby case has left my hands.

I was surprised by the quick response to the post. It went up at 2:33PM, I got a response at 2:38 asking to come pick it up. At 4:02 she was outside Philly Java Company, on 4th between South and Pine, where I was sitting having a cup of tea.

I was so excited about it I started sweating. She told me she loves sparkles. This made me so happy; so glad this object created a chance for me to meet this person even for this brief exchange; so glad I decided to give it to someone who I think will really enjoy it. I hope the stories she creates with it are fabulous and fantastic, brilliant and wonderful.

The other responses to the post were really great. Many of them seemed to be attracted to it mostly for the sparkles! One told me, "I have a very glittery friend who smokes who would love to have it." I didn't realize I'd have multiple people interested, or a slight feeling of burden from the responsibility of having to pick the best/most suitable/most interesting new owner, or how much timing would play into the selection process, OR the sad feeling of regret when I couldn't give something to all the interested parties. I'm left wondering, where or when do the stories end for me and these objects?

No comments: