Friday, January 25, 2008

Pieces of Koco: Ruby Case

One of my good friends used to keep a cigarette case as his wallet. The way he flipped it open when he went to pay for something was so chic and graceful.

I wanted to be that fancy and interesting. I wanted to be shiny and glittery. This reminded me of Dorothy's ruby slippers. I liked the idea of owning this item, but never even used it once. It became one of those things on my shelf to just look at.

I can remember buying it at Urban Outfitters. It cost $12.00. I know because the label is still on it! I also bought a flask that had pink faux snakeskin on it. The flask, unlike the ruby case, I've used quite a bit. These items were impulse buys that appealed to the diva, the adorable and cute very bad girl in me, the naughty princess who likes to look a little flashy well into a white night. They were props for a character that still exists in me, but I've stopped performing that show and forgot all the lines long ago.

This ruby cigarette case will be posted on Center City Philadelphia's freecycle network. Freecycle, as they state on their site, is all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. I like that.

Maybe you don't live in Philly, but you really want to look fancy. I can mail it to you are willing to pay me for the shipping via paypal. Email me: koco(at)misskoco.com

The Ruby Case is part of Pieces of Koco.

No comments: