Sunday, July 19, 2009

perfetto

What a day! I woke up feeling rested, slowly drifting from strange dreams about being in a water ballet show with a dolphin to a reality of love in the form of text messages about yoga class with one of my most favorite people in the world. I leisurely got myself together and made my way to yoga with Eleni at her favorite huge, and rather awesome studio, OM in Union Square. After a great class we strolled around the farmer's market and got some groceries. A mint ice tea later, I was in heaven. Yes, it's crowded, and can be overwhelming, but I just love the market.
I have to admit, I am moved by seeing mass amounts of produce. Carrots piled up, beet roots flailing this way and that, baskets of lush greens pouring out all over, the smell of fresh herbs--it's like a spiritual experience. After the market we went back to Eleni's and May came to visit. We went up to the roof and had a beautiful dinner of sundried tomato and garlic polenta with mushrooms on top, a huge salad, and May's carrots, of course. The weather was just perfect. PERFECT! And the company was divine. We went out for a little saturday night fun, that ended in us actually, very easily, convincing the DJ to play Madonna for us. It was somewhat like how I'd describe my ideal day.

1 comment:

REY said...

last time i was at a greenmarket, the berries made me cry, they were so beautiful. which made me think of how terrible and wonderful people are. as usual, I took it too far.