Wednesday, August 6, 2008

iso... A JOB!

Miss Koco needs a job. Seriously.

Looking at job postings, going to interviews, and trying to decide if I'm picking the right position feels a lot like dating or trying to find the ideal life partner. Oy vey. I'm not looking for the short-term fun, or the crazy adventure deals that take me to a wild place and show me all kinds of freaky things I never expected. I'm looking for the real deal. So here it goes...

YOU: in Philly, NYC, or San Fran. In one of the following industries/fields (though I'm open to others): higher ed, museums or cultural institutions, instructional design, non-profit. You come with benefits, mainly health care and some kind of pension plan. You require me to travel or allow for a decent amount of time per year where I get to go somewhere cool. You pay enough so I don't feel like everyday is a struggle. Meaning: While I'd love to make like six figures, I'm not even being that fantastical. I just want to pay my bills and have enough left over to have some fun, buy some art supplies, and save a bit for a yearly vacation to somewhere I've never been.

ME: Well-educated with 2 degrees from NYU (Art History, B.A.; Interactive Media, master's). A quick learner, a creative thinker, and very detail-oriented team player. Extensive experience living and working abroad in Asia. Several years of experience working with students, especially at the university level as an instructor as well as an administrator and peer leader. Outgoing. An enthusiastic and encouraging teacher. Honest, punctual (most of the time), great at planning events. Not an expert programmer or designer, but totally comfortable with HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, all those silly MS office programs, and quite familiar with image, video, and audio editing for online content. A blogger, a knitter, a bento box maker, a museum-goer, a fabulous dancer, a baker, and a bit of an artist. I've got extra pages in my passport, I work hard and play hard, and sometimes I'm funny.

Basically, when someone asks me what I do, or where I'm from, I want to be able to provide a simple answer I can be proud of. I don't want to pay for my own health care. I don't want to hate my job. I want to feel happy that I contribute to a collective effort or help people in some way with what I do. I want a respectable job where I am respected for what I do. I'll work hard and I'll continue to do what I can to be continuously be better at what I do.

If you or someone you know is what I'm looking for, I'd love to hear from you. If you hear of any exciting positions that are so miss kocolicious, please pass them my way. And if you think I'm being completely insane, leave me some comments and show me the light.

Thanks.

xoxo,
miss koco
koco(at)misskoco.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Operation Understanding needs a new Executive Director