Sunday, July 6, 2008

out with the trash

The trash sorting system continues to confuse me. Thus far I've figured out that there is burnable, non-burnable, and recycling. I have to buy special bags for my trash. Blue for burnable, black for non-burnables. There are different days for all of it. PET bottles go in a box that's put out on the street the night before collection day--which is Saturday morning, so if I go out I have to put the recycling out when I get back half asleep or a little tipsy. Milk cartons should be cut, flattened and tied with a pretty bow so all trash is aesthetically pleasing as well as organized.
Train stations, stores, and fast food spots also have these things separated. Sometimes there's one to dump ice and all extra liquids from your beverage, which is a good idea so that the bottom of the trash bag isn't filled with soda. Occasionally the bins aren't marked with things that make sense to me, so I have to be all cunning and investigate, peek to see what's already in the trash or wait to see what other people toss in there.

No comments: