Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 updates & workshops

Hello World!

I've been seriously out of the blog loop. Life hasn't been blog/share with the universe worthy in some time, but I guess I'm hoping to change that this year and at least do regular updates regarding what's fabulous in le monde du koco.

Thus far for 2010, it's FREEZING, so I've been seriously getting my craft on lately. I'm still playing with resistors and making jewelry. Soon to come is a collection of new products for the 10kohm line, thanks to the addition of a Dremel to my life (thanks Santa). I've been sewing wine totes and yoga mat bags. JOY! And last but not least, it wouldn't be winter without knitting and making things out of felt.

If you're interested in joining me for some crafty goodness, I'm teaching a couple of workshops this month in Philly.

WORKSHOPS @ Square Peg Artery & Salvage
108 South 20th Street

Sunday, January 17th: Sweater Hacking
3-5pm, $15

Take wool sweaters that went through the spin cycle and turn them into wonderful new accessories. Participants can pick from a collection of shrunken sweater hackery projects including wool bangles, mittens, arm warmers, and a simple bag.

Materials to bring:
Your favorite pair of scissors
a felted/shrunken sweater (if you have one)

Sunday, January 24th: Knitting 102
3-5pm, $15
Bored of just knitting scarves? Learn how to knit in the round, read patterns, do simple decreases and increases, and start more complex projects. Learn what you need to know to take on your first hat project.

To reserve your space, call 215 360 5548.

No comments: